Healthy Sloppy Joe Recipe
Manwich sure is tasty but it's not the healthiest choice when it comes to making sloppy joe. So instead try this tasty healthy sloppy joe recipe jam packed with all kinds of spices, veggies, and beans.
Serving Size: 4
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Half onion and colored pepper
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 16 oz can of black beans
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1lb of ground turkey or lean grass fed beef
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add peppers and onions and cook on medium heat until softened 3-5 minutes.
- Add meat and cook thoroughly. Drain grease.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, and spices. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium low heat until sauce thickens.
Goes Great With: Whole wheat bun or wrap or lettuce wrap (lettuce wrap is a great gluten free option!)
Nutrition Facts: 273 calories, 10 g fat, 23 g carbs, 28 g protein