Fitness Coach/Personal Trainer Wanted for Developing & Coaching Women Focused Group Personal Training Sessions at Fox Fitness.
Apply Below IF…
You’re a Hard-Working, Self-Motivated, Customer Service Focused Person who Loves Fitness, Always Wants to Learn (and Share) More, Enjoys Working with Women, and Will Excel in an Entrepreneurial Environment.
My name is Becky Fox and I’m the owner of Fox Fitness. For the past two and a half years my business has been educating, motivating, and inspiring our Members to become the best version of themselves through our training, nutrition and lifestyle programs.
Over the last couple months we’ve had tremendous growth and it’s come time for us to bring on some additional help behind the scenes to get to the “next level.” It’s our goal to help thousands of Tampa area residents look, feel and perform their best. To do this, we need a strong supporting cast, which includes a SOLID Personal Trainer who is committed to helping our Members be successful. Quite frankly, we need someone who is a rock star coach (you need to bring the best out of people), have LOTS of energy, AND loves working with GROUPS.
As for certifications and previous experience… You don’t need to be a 10-year veteran trainer like me or have an alphabet soup of letters after your name if you’re a self-motivated person who loves to learn about fitness and all things training. I can develop your training skills (nationally recognized certification IS required). I can’t fix a lousy personality – you need to be great with people, especially a large group, and have lots of energy and excitement for training and helping others transform.
SO, ARE YOU OUR NEXT TEAM MEMBER?
WARNING: Working in an entrepreneurial environment is much different than working for a “regular” company – we often build the plane as we fly it. Creativity and flexibility are a must! In addition, we’re looking for someone with the following 12 Entrepreneurial Attitudes:
- Create Value
- Take Initiative
- Focus on Results
- Have an Ownership Attitude
- Be in Alignment
- Be a Partner
- Take Action
- Be Open
- Learn How to Handle Strong Emotions
- Have Patience and Compassion
- Don’t Give Up
Naturally, slackers will not be tolerated. However, you’re not measured by sales performance like most gyms, but instead by Member RETENTION and Member REVIEWS. Basically, if our Members like you and want to keep working out with us, you make more money. As for sales quotas and closeouts, they don’t exist. We also don’t pay on commission; you get an hourly rate and the opportunity to increase it along with bonuses – as the business grows you get rewarded.
We’re all about WIN-WIN-WIN (as we help more members, the company makes more money, and you get raises!).
If you are hired for this position you will follow a set schedule, and split shifts are a norm – we train people when they’re not at work (mornings and evenings), but that’s pretty standard in the industry. You will also have to work some (2-3) Saturday mornings each month for a few hours. We also don’t do Friday nights; you’re done by lunch time. 😉
Starting with part-time work and as we grow this could become a full-time position for the right person.
IMPORTANT NOTE: WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN SOMEONE WHO IS JUST LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SHORT-TERM OR WANTS TO OPEN HIS/HER OWN BUSINESS IN A YEAR OR TWO! WE’RE LOOKING FOR A DEDICATED TEAM MEMBER WITH A LONG-TERM VISION WHO WILL STRIVE FOR GROWTH/LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN OUR GROWING COMPANY…
Educate, motivate and inspire our Members to become the best version of themselves by leading OUTSTANDING group personal training sessions.
Minimum Required Performance Responsibilities:
- Perform movement screenings
- Perform follow-up assessments and measurements as necessary
- Provide Great Service to Our Members
- Make them feel incredibly welcome
- Coach them on how to use our various fitness & nutrition systems to their advantage
- Track attendance
- Follow-up & check-in phone calls
- Participate in the private Facebook Group
- Celebrate wins, anniversaries, birthdays (announcements at end of sessions)
- Lead Training Sessions
- Be prepared and on-time for each training session
- Competently & confidently explain the routine & exercises at the beginning of each session
- Provide individualized coaching to everyone throughout the course of the workout
- Correct form as needed, but be sure to recognize good form as well
- Adjust weights, provide spots
- Engage the group as a whole, and still be present for each individual
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm
Potential Additional Responsibilities:
- Attend special events
- Cover personal training sessions
- Attendance at continuing education/development trainings
- Great personality/etiquette. You will be talking with our customers, who are VERY important to us, and prospective customers, who are also extremely important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. We’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- Thoughtfulness and organization. We need you to be able to think for yourself and be organized. We are very serious about this one. We do NOT want a robot. We want someone who learns and grows with us.
- Facebook. Facebook is an important part of our community. You must be an active Facebook user and familiar with it’s basic functions.
- Writing. We provide a lot of education to our Members through our blog, print newsletter and e-newsletter. Opportunities may be available for you to provide written or video content to showcase your expertise.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like the PERFECT FIT for you, you hold a PERSONAL TRAINING CERTIFICATION then simply click here to Apply Now and get started…
This position starts with an 8 week internship and part-time hours of 10-15 hours per week. As we grow and feel confident in your abilities so will your opportunities in the company to fill more hours and receive bonuses!
P.S. – This is NOT a corporate type of structure job. We are entrepreneurial small business owners. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Fox Fitness is everything to me – It’s my livelihood and passion.
We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing GREAT work and contributing to the growth of the business. This position will grow into something bigger and better for the RIGHT person. We still have much we want to accomplish – MANY MORE LIVES TO IMPACT – at Fox Fitness…
With all that said, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go long way in my book. As long as you have the basic skills I outlined above and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate!
P.P.S. – Time is of the essence here. For one, we need to move quickly to get someone in place. We’ve already received a handful of candidates. If you are truly interested, MAKE SURE YOU APPLY RIGHT AWAY.