Are you dreading putting on that bathing suit or shorts this summer season? Are you ready for a foxy beach body? Summer is just right around the corner, so follow these fitness tips to get a killer beach ready body before it’s too late!
1. Try interval training. Instead of super long marathon cardio sessions, focus on short bouts of intense training followed by a less intense recovery period. I like to do a minute on and a minute off. Why do you think sprinters are so lean and toned? Not only will this shed pounds, but you also can shorten the length or your cardio sessions and save time.
2. Change your workouts. You have to be constantly challenging your body in order to see results. If you’ve been doing the same exact routine for more than 4 weeks you need to consider coming up with a new, more challenging workout. Focus on a great all over beach body workout that will tone that stomach, abs, and legs.
3. Eat more often. No I didn’t say eat more, but rather eat every few hours and NEVER let yourself get hungry. Keep these portion sizes small so you don’t overeat. This will boost your metabolism so you can burn more fat just by sitting on your butt. How cool is that?
4. Incorporate full body strength training. If you’re not strength training then start now. Muscle burns lots of calories, so it will lean you up and give you that tone look. Also, don’t just focus on certain body parts like your abs, but work every muscle including arms, back, chest, and legs.
5. Cut out empty calories. Avoid foods that are laden with fat and sugar, and lack nutrients. These just add to your waistline. One of the most popular is soda, followed by candy, beer, doughnuts, and french fries. For example, drinking one 16 oz Coca Cola everyday for a year can pack on 20lbs of fat!!…so if you are drinking 3, 4, or more no wonder you aren’t beach body ready and can’t wear last year’s shorts!