Chocolate Protein Bars
This chocolate protein bar recipe was posted in the past but somehow when we loaded the new blog a few months ago some of the posts went missing! So good news, I’m re-posting them here for you again so they are handy whenever you need them, so expect to see them over the next few weeks.
Anyhow, this tasty chocolate protein bar recipe is a great way to make your own healthy protein bars to have on hand!
- 10 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 5 egg whites
- 5 scoops whey protein (chocolate or other flavor)
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Mix the peanut butter and egg whites in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and mix well (so that the mixture appears smooth). Repeat 4-5 times until all traces of egg whites have dissolved into the peanut butter, and your mixture is a smooth consistent one.
- Gradually add the protein (one scoop at a time) and stir into the mixture. Next, add the almond milk and follow with oats. Continue mixing until a thick “sticky” mixture is present.
- Smooth the thick mixture into a 13×9 tray and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 10 equal size bars. Individually wrap each bar using aluminum foil and store in the fridge.
Do you have a favorite protein bar recipe?