It’s summer time! And that means summer picnics often loaded with unhealthy foods and sides.
This healthy tuna and potato salad recipe is a great side for any picnic or summer event as well as just a tasty snack. I love it because it’s much healthier than most potato salad recipes that are loaded with unhealthy ingredients such as fatty mayo. So enjoy this version that your waistline will appreciate!
For the Salad:
- 2 small cans tuna in water, drained
- 14 oz cooked and cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
For the Dressing:
- 2 oz red wine vinegar
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 big splash of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 chopped basil leaves
- Pepper to taste
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix dressing ingredients in another small bowl. Top salad with dressing and mix to combine.