What holds you back when trying to reach your goals?
It’s probably not what you think…
Although, it’s easy to blame lack of progress or “falling off the wagon” on everyone and everything else, like your busy schedule, genetics, or that individual that’s constantly tempting you with unhealthy treats; the REAL truth is that more often than not it’s really just YOU that holds you back.
It’s the way you think, especially how you think about yourself. It’s your mindset.
It’s easy to talk yourself out of trying something new or making the healthiest choice for your body. It’s easy to give up. It’s easy to let fear of failure, lack of confidence, or your excuses get in the way…
Get in the way of finally losing those last few pounds, sticking to a regular workout routine, skipping the late night sugar binge, or finally signing up and completing that 5K you’ve been thinking about.
See the reality is that The Mind Moves the Body.
Our mind and body are intimately connected. If our mind isn’t strong, it’ll be challenging to have a strong and healthy body. It’ll be challenging to stick to your program and make the best choices for your body.
And just like you have to train your body to make it stronger, you also have to train your mind to make it stronger.
See without the correct mindset or the right thoughts it’s even more challenging to reach your goals in life and fitness.
As Mike said at the workshop:
“You will never fulfill your potential if your first inkling is to give up. Excuses are the common way of surrendering.”
How often do you surrender?
How many times have you made excuses like:
- I’ll just do it tomorrow.
- “I can’t” or “It’s too hard”
- Well I already ruined my diet today, so why not just eat whatever I want.
I know I’ve done it more times than I can count. But its time to stop surrendering and stop making excuses….
So, if you’re ready to get the body and health you desire, I encourage you to work on strengthening your mind in addition to your body.
I challenge you to:
- Take responsibility for how you think.
- Start focusing on what you DO want, instead of what you DON’T want.
- Banish negative thoughts and instead turn those into positive thoughts.
- Talk to yourself the way you deserve to be talked to. The same way you’d encourage a friend or talk to a five year old.
- Remind yourself (and keep reminding yourself) WHY it’s important to reach your goals.
- Stop giving up and instead tell yourself “This situation is tough, but I am tougher. I am strong and I can accomplish anything!”
- Commit to being the best you and give up your excuses right here, right now.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you ready to breakthrough and take your life to the next level?